A Bold Change for Kids
Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia provides a safe place to learn and grow, ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals, life-enhancing programs and character development experiences, and hope and opportunity for thousands of Philadelphia’s youth each year. We strive to further our impact by enacting a Bold Change for the kids of Philadelphia.
Under the leadership of Comcast and David L. Cohen, Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia will:
- Expand the reach of services by increasing the number of children served from 8,000 to 25,000
- Meet the educational, social and emotional needs of members by introducing innovative new programs including: Internet Essentials Labs, the Call to Action Literacy Initiative, STEM Learning Labs, and Kids Cafés
- Ensure financial sustainability through increased community and foundation support
- Ensure the implementation of high quality programs by promoting Boys & Girls Club values, developing long-term relationships with youth and actively engaging the philanthropic community
- Enhance the quality of facilities – BGCP will raise $41 million to support capital expenses and create an endowment
- Offer youth comprehensive programming for just $5.00 annually
5 Year Strategic Plan
The Vision: Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia will become one of the premier Boys & Girls Club organizations in the country, solidifying its position as the leading youth guidance and development agency in the community through quality staff, facilities and programs, supported by financial stability and clearly defined standards to strengthen longevity in programs and service.
- Serving 25,000 kids
- Average daily Attendance (per site): 250-300
- $5 per year to attend
- New, colorful and safe facilities/infrastructure
- Distributing hot meals to 2,000 kids per day
- Engaging, high-performing learning environment
- 100% community and foundation funding
A Proven Model: A BOLD CHANGE FOR KIDS begins with the foundation of steadfast leadership and partnerships, its framework: the stewardship of a 3-tiered investment plan geared towards stability and longevity in programs and service. This governance culminates in safe, colorful facilities with modern infrastructure built to provide life-changing experiences for all youth through an annual $5 membership fee. Following distinguished models implemented in Utica, NY; Green Bay, WI; and Portland, OR under the guidance of CEOs Joseph and Lisabeth Marziello, every child in Philadelphia (ages 6-18) will have the opportunity to become a member and every member will proudly carry their membership card with the Boys & Girls Club code inscribed on the back: “I believe in God and the right to worship according to my own faith and religion. I believe in America and the American way of life, in the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. I believe in fair play, honesty, and sportsmanship. I believe in my Boys & Girls Club which stands for these things.”
Future Direction: National, regional and local champions will serve as ambassadors for all youth and as catalysts for change;
helping to cultivate communities of hope and optimism to rebuild and reinforce programs and services that will increase the self-worth and over all self-confidence of all youth, especially those in severely distressed neighborhoods, through life-changing experiences in education and arts, and social and physical competency.
A nationally recognized professional Boys & Girls Club contingent, embodying the values and spirit of Philadelphia’s national, regional and local champions, will follow through with the outlined vision and direction to develop Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia as the premier Boys & Girls Club organization in the country. All staff will depict that “it is a great day at the Boys & Girls Club!”
Long Term Goal: As the leading youth guidance and development agency in the community, committed to the success of our children and the longevity of our programs and service, Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia will be a model for Clubs nationwide through our focus on sustainable infrastructure, affordable programs and service, and in corporate, individual, and educational partnerships that dare to go BOLD for our kids and their future.