AmeriCorps Team Leader Application
Position Summary: Full-Time Team Leader
The AmeriCorps Great Futures Program aims to provide academic support to youth participants at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia, bridging the gap between the resources available to the youth in Philadelphia’s impoverished communities versus wealthier surrounding areas. In the neighborhoods Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia serves, youth poverty rates average 53%, which puts our youth at risk for long-term consequences including academic, social and health issues. The public high schools in these neighborhoods have an average on-time graduation rate of 61%, and third grade reading proficiency scores are as low as 14%. Serving youth by providing necessary educational resources will help them stay in school and on track to high school graduation with the ultimate goal of reducing poverty in these communities.
The AmeriCorps Team Leader will lead 3 AmeriCorps Learning Coordinators in a year of service and assist with the implementation of STEM, Literacy and High-Yield Learning programming with the goal of increasing youth academic performance and engagement. This role includes monitoring and collecting data, researching activities to supplement programming, facilitating the planning and implementation of enrichment activities, and serving as a mentor to AmeriCorps Learning Coordinators. The AmeriCorps Team Leader will also support the vision and mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia through community outreach and volunteer engagement.
- Two years of college or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as a team player, respect and collaborate with others
- Strong organizational skills, including the tracking of program data
- Positive relationship-building skills and dedication to working with youth
- Ability to foster a positive, creative, and engaging learning environment for youth
- Ability to meet or exceed expectation and take initiative
- Professionalism and punctuality
- Conflict resolution skills
- Previous AmeriCorps or Boys & Girls Clubs experience is a plus
Position Start and End Date: August 24, 2020 to August 12, 2021
Required Number of Hours per Week: 40 hours