Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia provide a safe place to learn and grow; ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals; life-enhancing programs and character development experiences; and hope and opportunity for thousands of Philadelphia youth each year.
Despite the challenges faced by Philly’s youth, Boys and Girls Clubs of Philadelphia continue to stand strong for these forgotten kids and communities. Today, BGCP serves over 8,000 children, making us one of the largest youth-development organizations in the city. BGCP maintains an everyday presence in these communities providing youth with trained professional staff and proven programs to enhance their quality of life. However, the organization knows that we must do more to change the environment for all 220,000 of Philadelphia’s young people. BGCP strives to further our impact by enacting a Bold Change for the kids of Philadelphia.
Under the leadership of Comcast and David L. Cohen, and in partnership with the Snider Youth Hockey Foundation, over the next five years, BGCP will:
- Expand the reach of services by increasing the number of children served from 8,000 to 25,000:
- Meet the educational, social and emotional needs of members by introducing innovative new programs including: Internet Essentials Labs, the Call to Action Literacy Initiative, STEM Learning Labs and Kids Cafes
- Partner with the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation to create the Ralph J. Roberts Boys & Girls Club at the Germantown site including a full service ice-hockey rink
- Ensure financial sustainability through increased community and foundation support
- Ensure the implementation of high quality programs by promoting Boys & Girls Club values, developing long-term relationships with youth and actively engaging the philanthropic community
- Enhance the quality of facilities – BGCP will raise $41 million to support capital expenses and create an endowment
As the leading youth guidance and development agency in the community, Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia will be a model for Clubs nationwide. We will offer youth in these neighborhoods comprehensive programming for just $5.00 annually.
Helping Kids Grow Up Great
We promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling:
A Sense of Belonging:
A setting where young people know they “fit” and are accepted.
A Sense of Power or Influence:
A chance to be heard and to influence decisions.
A Sense of Usefulness:
The opportunity to do something of value for other people.
A Sense of Competence:
The feeling of pride in achieving goals.